This is the full database of The Global 5000 companies. They are the largest companies in the world (by revenue) as of June 2017. This data is in Excel and has the same fields and layout as the Global 5000 sample records April 2017.
Currently, we have over 5,000 active records in the file representing nearly $60 trillion (USD) of revenue and 130 million employees. This select group of companies represent approximately 70% of the WorldWide GDP. The revenue per employee for these top companies in the world is over $397,000.
The top 10 companies (by revenue) in the world are:
- Wal-Mart Stores
- Saudi Aramco
- State Grid (China)
- China Petroleum & Chemical
- China National Petroleum
- Royal Dutch Shell
- Exxon Mobil
- Volkswagen AG
- Toyota Motor Corporation
Our Global 5000 companies saw revenue growth in:
- 2007 of 13.1% followed by
- 7.3% in 2008 and then
- a reduction in 2009 of 8.9%
- In 2010 total revenue grew again by 11.8% and then
- Grew again by 12.7% in 2011 as the economy recovered.
- In 2012 results show a slowing growth picture of only 3% f
- followed by 2013 growing at 1.8%
- and then 1.2% in 2014.
- 2015 turned negative with revenue falling – 9.7%
- The initial look at 2016 results show revenue flat — off 0.4%
You can search the database by going to the page — SEARCH