February begins the season of earnings reports and financial filings for the most recently closed financial year . . . and a busy time in the database world and we are no different.
During the month of February we added 14 new companies, while removing 17 others maintaining the total active records in the database at 5,000 for the Global 5000 database. We have raised the floor (lowest revenue for inclusion) to $520 million per year. As with any set of b2b data, the curation process of pruning and researching is a constant.
As of this writing, the currency level of the database is at 98% – – this is the percentage of records we have updated within the past 12 months. We have also started to build a level of ‘next tier’ records that will be elevated to the active batch as may be needed.
Some of the largest new companies added during February include:
- SK Networks – the giant South Korea holding company
- Top Frontier Investment. – a $14 billion freight Philippine investment firm
- YUM China – which is the China based operation of the US company,YUM! Brands
- Beijing Capital Development is an $4 billion Chinese real estate development firm
- Amorepacific the South Korea based health and beauty products company
All of these are multi-billion enterprises – worthy of inclusion in your select accounts list. If they are not yet targets or in your CRM systems, then now is a good time to add them.
Here are a few that were removed due to acquisition or merger and are no longer stand-alone entities – or reported revenues that dropped them out of the Global 5000:
- Time Warner Cable was acquired by Charter Communications
- Tyco International which has merged with Johnson Controls
- Toll Holdings of Australia was acquired by Japan Post
- AGL Resources was acquired by Southern Company
- Broadspectrum Ltd was acquired by Ferrovial
Our practice is to not remove any of the acquired or merged companies from the active database until after the acquisition closes. More information about the Global 5000 database is on this page.
We have recently started building a new database focused on the developing FinTech market (and its impact). For more information about the FinTech Dynamic database on this page.