During the month of January we added 19 new companies, while removing 26 others maintaining the total active records in the database at 5,000 for the Global 5000 database. We have raised the floor (lowest revenue for inclusion) to $520 million per year. As with any set of b2b data, the curation process of pruning and researching is a constant.
As of this writing, the currency level of the database is at 95% – – this is the % of records we have updated within the past 12 months. We have also started to build a level of ‘next’ records that will be elevated to the active batch as may be needed
Some of the largest new companies added during January include:
- China Grand Automotive Services – a $15 billion auto companies
- Hyundai GLOVIS Co., Ltd. – a $12 billion freight transportation company in South Korea
- Inter RAO UES PJSC – a Russian based electricity business
- CJ CheilJedang Corp. is an $11 billion South Korean food business
- New Hope Liuhe Co. engages in agricultural products in China
All of these are multi-billion enterprises – worthy of inclusion in your select accounts list. If they are not yet targets or in your CRM systems, then now is a good time to add them.
Here are a few that were removed due to acquisition or merger and are no longer stand-alone entities – or reported revenues that dropped them out of the Global 5000:
- Home Retail Group of UK was acquired by Sainsbury
- Elizabeth Arden was acquired by Revlon
- Animal Health International was acquired by Patterson Companies
- Australian Gas Networks – revenue is now too small
- Rofin-Sinar Technologies, – revenue is now too small
More information about the Global 5000 database is on this page.
We have recently started building a new database focused on the developing FinTech market (and its impact). For more information about the FinTech Dynamic database on this page.