During the month of July, 564 records were updated bringing the total updates for the year to date to 3,612. Included in these updates were the addition of 16 new companies to the database in July We also removed 15 other firms for the month by putting them into inactive status.
Every month we complete a series of updates so that we cycle thru the entire database annually. In this process, we are continually updating changes and major deals in the M&A world. Companies with a marketing database and ABM initiatives that don’t follow this level of activity are truly missing out in their sales and marketing efforts.
Some of the top companies that were removed during July include:
- Delhaize Group is now part of Ahold
- SFR Group SA (formerly Numericable) is now part of the parent company Altice
- Airgas was acquired by L’Air Liquide
- ARM Holdings was acquired by Softbank
- Obsidian Energy Ltd, (formerly Penn West Petroleum) reported smaller revenues taking them out of the top 5000
And, we added some interesting companies including:
- Uniper SE, the energy giant spun out of E.ON
- Xiamen ITG Group, the $20 billion Chinese supply chain management business
- Storebrand ASA, the Norwegian financial services firm
- Fnac Darty, the France based retailer
- Sunac China, a $5 billion real estate development company
More information about the Global 5000 database is on this page.