During the month of June, 469 records were updated bringing the total updates during Q2 to to 1,360. Included in these updates were the addition of 29 new companies to the database in June and 62 for the quarter We also removed and 26 for the month and 64 for the quarter by putting them into inactive status.
Every month we complete a series of updates so that we cycle thru the entire database annually. In this process, we are continually amazed at the number of changes and major deals in the M&A world. Companies with a marketing database that don’t follow this level of activity are truly missing out in their sales and marketing efforts.
Some of the top companies that were removed during May include:
- Wuchan Zhongda Group- a $31 billion Chinese holding company
- S Group of Helsinki – a $12 billion group of cooperatives
- DS Smith plc – a UK based packaging company
- Vistra Energy – $5 billion Texas based integrated power company
- Metsa Group – of Finland, a $5 billion forestry products business
And, we added some interesting companies including:
- Neptune Orient Lines was acquired by CMA CGM of France
- Energy Future Holdings spun out Vistra Energy and is longer an active member of the Global 5000
- Italcementi SpA was acquired by acquired by HeidelbergCement
- Rona Inc was acquired by Lowe’s
- Sports Authority has gone out of business
More information about the Global 5000 database is on this page.