During the month of November, we added 58 new companies, while removing 17 others which brings the total active records in the database to 4,981 for the Global 5000 database. To date this year, we have added 414 companies to the database and removed 143 due to mergers, acquisitions and lower revenue reported. As with any set of b2b data, the curation process of pruning and researching is a constant.
Some of the largest new companies added during October include:
- China State Shipbuilding – gov’t entity with $30 billion in revenue
- Sun Art Retail Group of China – a $15 billion retailer
- Covestro – a German plastics manufacturer
- China Communications Services Corp, a telecom & media business
- Financière de l’Ode, the French investment firm with $12 billion in revenue
All of these are multi-billion enterprises – worthy of inclusion in your select accounts list. If they are not yet targets or in your CRM systems, then now is a good time to add them.
These firms were removed due to acquisition or merger and are no longer stand-alone entities – or reported revenues that dropped them out of the Global 5000:
- Glazer’s Wholesale Drug merged with Southern Wine & Spirits
- Wirtz Corporation merged with Charmer Sunbelt to form a new firm called Breakthru Beverage
- Grohe was acquired by Lixil of Japan
- Ardent Healthcare was acquired by Ventas
- Omega Pharma was acquired by Perrigo
More information about the Global 5000 database is on this page.
Also, the Private company database is listed on this page – Top 500 Private Companies