During the month of November, 513 records were updated bringing the total updates YTD to 5,806. Included in these updates were the addition of 14 new companies to the database in November and 223 for 2017. We also removed 12 companies this month by putting them into inactive status.
Every month we complete a series of updates so that we cycle thru the entire database annually. In this process, we are continually amazed at the number of changes and major deals in the M&A world. Companies with a marketing database that don’t follow this level of activity are truly missing out in their sales and marketing efforts.
Some of the top companies that were removed during November include:
- Harman International Industries was acquired by LG Industries
- Multi Packaging Solutions International was acquired by WestRock
- Linear Technology Corporation was acquired by Analog Devices
- Mitsumi Electric Co., Ltd. was acquired by Minebea
- Bob Evans Farms sold its restaurant division to a private equity firm and is now a smaller company
And, we added some interesting companies including:
- Toyota Boshoku Corp. is a $12 billion auto parts producer
- LG International is a South Korea based firm engaged in the development of energy and raw materials
- Tokyo Century Corporation is an $8 billion financial services firm
- SG Holdings is a Japanese holding company
- China National Materials is engaged in the cement equipment and engineering services business
More information about the Global 5000 database is on this page.