During the month of September, we added another 20 new companies, removed 8 more bringing the total active records to 4,914. To date this year, we have added 320 companies to the database. For the quarter, we added 97 companies and removed another 35. As with any set of b2b data, pruning and constant attention is a must.
Some of the largest new companies added during September include:
- WTorre – the multi billion $$ Brazilian conglomerate
- Legends Holding Corp, a $49 bln investment company based in China
- SK Innovation – a petroleum products company in South Korea
- China Taiping Insurance – a $20 bln Hong Kong based insurance company
- LG Chem – a $17 bln petrochemical company based in South Korea
All of these are multi-billion enterprises – worthy of inclusion in your select accounts list. If they are not yet targets or in your CRM systems, then now is a good time to add them.
These firms were removed due to acquisition or merger and are no longer stand-alone entities:
- Amlin plc was acquired by MS&AD Insurance
- Investment Kinnevik AB had 2015 revenues below our minimum
- Valment Automotive of Finland saw revenue shrink below our minimum threshold
- Industrivarden, the Swedish holding company also saw a dramatic revenue change downward
- Indesit company of Italy was majority acquired by Whirlpool
More information about the Global 5000 database is on this page.