Each month we track the corporate activity for the Global 5000 companies as they acquire new businesses or divest of various operations. These ‘comings and goings’ are interesting and shape markets over time. In the short run, there are real implications for companies serving these large organizations and national account programs where various teams are responsible for the business results.
Keeping the databases up to date is a continuous effort and these changes need to be reflected in your internal systems. For April 2013, we noted the following:
- ABB Lid is acquiring Power One
- Assicurazioni Generali is selling its US business unit
- Carphone Warehouse Group is acquiring Best Buy’s portion of European operations
- General Electric is acquiring Lufkin Industries
- HD Supply is filing an IPO
- M.Video is acquiring its closest competitor Eldorado
- Mitsui Chemicals is acquiring Heraeus Dental
- Protective Life Corporation is acquiring AXA’s MONY Life Insurance unit
- Royal Bank of Scotland is spinning off US arm into a new entity called Citizens
- Thermo Fisher Scientific is acquiring Life Technologies
- Toys R Us withdrew its planned IPO
To see more information about the Global 5000 database – visit this page
Also, be sure to take a look at this Infographic showing some interesting facts about The Global 5000 companies.