As part of building the FinTech Dynamic database, we have identified over 150 companies involved in the payments space.
Some are retailer/suppliers who have a vested interest and provide services for the payments industry. These include major retailers like Amazon, Alibaba and Wal-Mart. Device manufacturers like Apple and Samsung and services companies including First Data, Fiserv and BankCard Services.
All big players.
Then we find the big public billion $ players including:
- PayPal Holdings, Inc.
- Vantiv, Inc.
- Global Payments
- Total Systems Services
- Blackhawk Network Holdings, Inc.
- Worldpay Group Plc
- Moneygram International
- Square, Inc.
- Wirecard AG
There are a dozen companies that are subsidiaries of others including:
- ProPay, Inc. (sub of Total Systems Service)
- Braintree (sub of PayPal)
- Xoom (sub of PayPal)
- Venmo (sub of PayPal)
- GlobalCollect (sub of Ingenico Group)
- Elavon (sub of US Bancorp)
- Paydiant (sub of PayPal)
- LoopPay (sub of Samsung Electronics)
- Mercury Payment Systems, Llc (sub of Vantiv)
- TransFirst Inc. (sub of Total System Services Inc)
- Ant Financial (sub of Alibaba)
- NetSpend (sub of Total Systems Service)
A couple have been acquirid including Heartland, Sofort and PayByPhone
That still leaves over 100 companies in the payment flow – all fighting for their place and capturing a piece of the market. Included in this group are names you may have heard of as part of the FinTech ‘revolution’ such as the following:
- Payoneer, Inc.
- Stripe, Inc.
- SumUp Payments Ltd.
- Pivotal Payments Inc.
- Payment Data Systems, Inc.
- iZettle AB
- Currency Cloud
- Merchant Customer Exchange
- MoneyOnMobile, Inc.
- Ezypay Pty Ltd.
- Currence iDEAL
- Giropay Gmbh
- Mobetize Corporporation
And of course, not to be left out, a number of big banks got together and recently introduced their own payments solution named – Zelle.
Undoubtedly there are are many more in development and involved in some way . . . and of course, it is a marketplace in motion and we expect continuing activity including M&A’s.