Each month we track the corporate activity for the Global 5000 companies as they acquire new businesses or divest of various operations. These ‘comings and goings’ are interesting and shape markets over time. In the short run, there are real implications for companies serving these large organizations and national account programs where various teams are responsible for the business results.
For April 2014, we noted the following merger & acquisition activity:
- Alliant Techsystems, Inc. is merging 2 divisions with Orbital Sciences
- CBS is spinning off CBS Outdoor Americas as a separate company
- Energizer Holdings is splitting into two companies
- Energy Future Holdings filed bankruptcy
- Energy Transfer Equity is acquiring Susser Holdings
- Exelon Corporation is acquiring Pepco
- Forest Laboratories is acquiring Furiex Pharma
- GEA Group Aktiengesellschaft selling its heat exchangers division to investor Triton
- Holcim Ltd is acquiring Lafarge
- Kuraray Co, Limited – acquiring a business unit of Dupont
- Mallinckrodt plc – acquiring Questcor
- Pernod Ricard – buying Kenwood Vineyard
- Platform Specialty Products Corporation – acquiring the agrochemicals business of Chemtura Corp
- Post Holdings, Inc. – acquiring egg and dairy producer and distributor Michael Foods
- Prestige Brands – acquiring Insight Pharmaceuticals
- Sopra Group SA – acquiring Steria
- Sun Pharmaceutical Industries Ltd. – acquiring Ranbaxy
- TIAA-CREF – acquiring Nuveen Investments
- Woolworths – acquiring David Jones
- Zebra Technologies Corporation – acquiring Motorola Solutions enterprise business
- Zimmer Holdings, Inc. – acquiring Biomet
In April, we added the following 19 companies to The Global 5000 database:
- Allegion plc
- Avianca Holdings S.A.
- Fujisankei Communications Group (FCG)
- Kalyani Group
- Mallinckrodt plc
- Murphy USA Inc.
- Murray Goulburn Co-operative Co.
- Numericable Group
- Outokumpu Oyi
- PQ Corporation
- Sopra Group SA
- Sprague Resources LP
- Symrise AG
- Voya Financial, Inc.
To see more information about the Global 5000 database – visit this page
Also, take a look at some interesting facts about The Global 5000 companies and this series starting with European data.
You search the Global 5000 database and view companies profiles by visiting SEARCH