During the month of April, 360 records were updated bringing the total to 2,048 so far this year. Included in these updates were the addition of 12 new companies to the database and 15 others that were put into inactive status.
Every month we complete a series of updates so that we cycle thru the entire database annually. In this process, we are continually amazed at the number of changes and major deals in the M&A world. Companies with a marketing database that don’t follow this level of activity are truly missing out in their sales and marketing efforts.
Some of the top companies that were removed during April include:
- Alcatel Lucent – acquired by Nokia
- Axiall was acquired by Westlake Chemical
- LinkedIn was acquired by Microsoft
- IMS Health merged with Quintiles
- Heartland Payments was acquired by Global Payments
And, we added some interesting companies including:
- Parkland Fuel of Canada, a $4+ billion firm
- Lamb Weston which spun out of ConAgra
- Nordex — $4 bln wind turbine company in Germany
- Falck – the multi-billion $ Danish services firm
- Herc Holdings – the equipment rental business spun out of Hertz
More information about the Global 5000 database is on this page.