During the month of May, 531 records were updated bringing the total to 2,579 so far this year. Included in these updates were the addition of 21 new companies to the database and 23 others that were put into inactive status.
Every month we complete a series of updates so that we cycle thru the entire database annually. In this process, we are continually amazed at the number of changes and major deals in the M&A world. Companies with a marketing database that don’t follow this level of activity are truly missing out in their sales and marketing efforts.
Some of the top companies that were removed during May include:
- China Resources Pharmaceutical Group – a $20 billion pharma group
- WPG Holdings, a semiconductor company in Taiwan
- Iida Group – a housing construction company in Japan
- Dansk Supermarket – an $8 billion company in Denmark
- Dansk Landbrugs Grovvareselskab – the agricultural group in Denmark
And, we added some interesting companies including:
- TNT Express was acquired by FedEx
- Rexam Plc was acquired by Ball Corp
- Nortek, Inc. was acquired by <elrose Plc
- Meda AB was acquired by Mylan
- BATS Global Markets was acquired by CBOE
More information about the Global 5000 database is on this page.