During the month of August, 532 records were updated bringing the total updates for the year to date to 4,144. Included in these updates were the addition of 17 new companies to the database in August. We also removed 17 other firms for the month by putting them into inactive status.
Every month we complete a series of updates so that we cycle thru the entire database annually. In this process, we are continually updating changes and major deals in the M&A world. Companies with a marketing database and ABM initiatives that don’t follow this level of activity are truly missing out in their sales and marketing efforts.
Some of the top companies that were removed during August include:
- SABMiller merged with InBev
- Enel Green Power is a subsidiary of Enel SA
- Mattress Firm Holding was acquired by Steinhoff
- Melker Schorling, an investment firm, reported revenues below our lower limit
- First Niagra Financial Group was acquired by KeyCorp
And, we added some interesting companies including:
- Mexichem SAB de CV – a $5 billion furnishing & fixtures company
- Allied Building Products Corp – a $2.5 billion building materials distributor
- Bilia AB of Sweden, an auto parts provider
- AAK AB, a $2.5 billion food processing company
- Modern Times Group, a $2 billion media group
More information about the Global 5000 database is on this page.