During the month of October, 526 records were updated bringing the total updates for the year to 5,293. Included in these updates were the addition of 16 new companies to the database in October and 192 for the year We also removed and 15 companies during the month by putting them into inactive status.
Every month we complete a series of updates so that we cycle thru the entire database annually. In this process, we are continually amazed at the number of changes and major deals in the M&A world. Companies with a marketing database that don’t follow this level of activity are truly missing out in their sales and marketing efforts.
Some of the top companies that were removed during October include:
- Wuhan Iron and Steel was merged with Baostell
- Great Atlantic & Pacific Tea is being liquidated
- Brait SE of Malta reported revenue falling below our minimum level
- H3C was sold to Tsinghua Group and is now a subsidiary
- Banco Occidental de Descuento is a subsidiary of Banco Bilbao Vizcaya Argentaria (BBVA)
And, we added some interesting companies including:
- Blue Cross and Blue Shield of North Carolina is a $7 billion licensee of the Blue Cross Blue Shield organization
- Via Varejo a retailer located in Brazil
- Blue Cross Blue Shield of Alabama is a $5 billion provider of health care plans
- Unisplendour Corp is a China based technology company
- Hawaii Medical Service Association is a $3 billion health care insurance company.
More information about the Global 5000 database is on this page.