Everybody knows it makes sense to follow the money. With our recent monthly update, we now find 3,000 companies in The Global 5000 have revenue of at least $1 billion. How does your client base look? How many of those do you have? Most of them are in the US.
Looking around the globe, we see 1,604 of the billion $ companies are in North America, followed by 633 in EMEA and 614 in Asia Pac.
The industry groups with the most billion $ companies are:
- Financial Services – including AXA, Bank of America and Allianz
- Industrials – led by Siemens, Samsung and Hitachi
- Retailers – including Wal-Mart, Carrefour and CVS
- Basic Materials with companies like BASF, Arcelor Mittal and Dow Chemical
- Oil & Gas companies led by Exxon Mobile, Royal Dutch Shell, BP and China Petroleum