Every month we track the corporate activity for the Global 5000 companies as they acquire new businesses or divest of various operations. These ‘comings and goings’ are interesting and shape markets over time. In the short run, there are real implications for companies serving these large organizations and national account programs where various teams are responsible for the business results.
Keeping the databases up to date is a continuous effort. For September, 2012 we noted the following:
- Bauer Media Group acquired a series of magazines from Nine Network of Australia
- BGI-Shenzhen acquired Complete Genomics
- CGG Veritas is acquiring the data division from Fugre
- Davide Campari-Milano SpA will acquire rum maker Lascelles de Mercado & Co.
- DIA (Distribuidora Internacional de Alimentación, S.A) is acquiring the Iberian assets of Schlecker
- Federal Signal Corporation sold a technology division to 3M
- Infosys Technology Ltd is acquiring Lodestone Holding
- Itochu Enex acquired 2 food business groups from Dole Food
- Luigi Lavazza S.p.A. acquired 20% of Green Mountain Coffee
- National Electric Vehicle Sweden (NEVS) acquired the bankrupt assets of Saab
- Plains Exploration & Production Company is acquiring Gulf of Mexico oil assets from BP
- Realogy file for an IPO
- Tempur-Pedic International is acquiring Sealy
To see more information about the Global 5000 database – visit this page