During the month of August, we added another 38 new companies, removed 13 more bringing the total active records to 4,897. To date this year, we have added 300 companies to the database. As with any set of b2bdata, pruning and constant attention is a must.
Some of the largest new companies added include:
- China Evergrande Group – $21 bln revenue
- WH Group Ltd of China, a $21 bln food company
- Country Garden Holdings of Hong Kong – $18 bln in revenue
- Etihad Etisalat Company a $14 bln telecom company in Saudi Arabia
- China Reinsurance Corp – a $13 bln insurance firm
All of these are multi-billion enterprises – worthy of inclusion in your select accounts list. If they are not yet targets or in your CRM systems, then now is a good time to add them.
These firms were removed due to acquisition or merger and are no longer stand-alone entities:
- Precision Castparts acquired by Berkshire Hathaway
- Tomkins plc merged w/Gates by a private investment company
- UTi Worldwide was acquired by DSV
- Canadian Oil Sands was acquired by Suncor energy
- Patriot Coal Corporation was sold
More information about the Global 5000 database is on this page.