As we close out 2016, we are pleased to announce that we have reached the 5,000 mark of active records in the database !!
During our final stretch in Q4, we added 147 new companies, while removing another 57 others which brings the total active records in the database to 5,000 for the Global 5000 database. For the year, we have added 467 companies to the database and removed 172 due to mergers, acquisitions and lower revenue reported. As with any set of b2b data, the curation process of pruning and researching is a constant.
Some of the largest new companies added during December include:
- China Aerospace Science & Industry – gov’t entity with $27 billion in revenue
- Sonepar – the French electrical distributor
- E-Mart, Inc. – a $10 billion South Korean retailer
- Yildiz Holding, the Turkish food company and owner of United Biscuits
- Nedbank Group, a South African financial services firm with $5 billion in revenue
All of these are multi-billion enterprises – worthy of inclusion in your select accounts list. If they are not yet targets or in your CRM systems, then now is a good time to add them.
These firms were removed due to acquisition or merger and are no longer stand-alone entities – or reported revenues that dropped them out of the Global 5000:
- Alliance Boots was acquired by Walgreen’s
- Gavilon Group was acquired by Marubeni
- Enersis S.A. is majority controlled by Enel
- FRHI Hotels & Resorts was acquired by Accor
- Sociedad General de Aguas de Barcelona SA (Agbar) is now fully part of Suez Group
More information about the Global 5000 database is on this page.
Also, the Private company database is listed on this page – Top 500 Private Companies