Each month we track the corporate activity for the Global 5000 companies as they acquire new businesses or divest of various operations. These ‘comings and goings’ are interesting and shape markets over time. In the short run, there are real implications for companies serving these large organizations and national account programs where various teams are responsible for the business results.
Keeping the databases up to date is a continuous effort and these changes need to be reflected in your internal systems. For November 2013, we noted the following:
- Allegion spun out from Ingersoll Rand as a separate company
- Altice has agreed to buy France Telecom’s Orange operations in the Dominican Republic
- Billabong International is selling its Canadian retail chain West 49 to fashion retailer YM Inc.
- Changi and Flughafen Zurich are part of the conglomerate taking over & privatizing one of Brazil’s airports
- Endo Health Solutions is acquiring Paladin Labs
- FTD Group spun out of United Online as a separate company
- Kimberly-Clark is exploring a potential spin-off of health care business
- Media General completed its merger with New Young Broadcasting
- Mitel Networks Corporation is acquiring Aastra Technologies Ltd
- Weyerhaeuser Company is selling home building division to Tri Pointe homes.
To see more information about the Global 5000 database – visit this page
You search the Global 5000 database and view companies profiles by visiting SEARCH